As planning for the 28th annual Mardi Gras Ball takes place, we realize our mission is as important today as it was 30 years ago. Our goal is to continue to operate and maintain the Human Services Center that guarantees our non-profit agencies a rent-free office. This allows the agencies to concentrate their funds and resources directly on programs and support for their clients. Your Mardi Gras Ball Major Sponsorships and auction donations help ensure important programs are available to the underserved in the Conejo Valley.
As the need for access to human services has grown in our community, so too have the programs providing these services within the walls of the Human Services Center. Through your generous donations and sponsorships, these are just some of the successes realized during this past year:
- 13 non-profit agencies diverted over $300,000 in saved rent to their programs.
- 39 homeless people were housed.
- 58 people were rescued from human trafficking.
- 125 disabled persons received life skills training for independence.
- 350 people were assisted with employment services.
- 2,000 vulnerable children, adults, and seniors received regular exercise programs from licensed trainers.
- 5,000 people received grief support and hospice services.
- 5,030 people learned to prevent bullying through kindness and inclusion workshops.
- Critical children and family services continued at no cost for over 50,000 people such as: food security; financial assistance; mental health; parenting education; medical, dental, and legal services.
The 2020 Mardi Gras Ball is our largest fundraiser of the year and it is expected to be attended by more than 300 community leaders, guests, and media. Together we will celebrate your commitment to the health and wellness of this community with delicious food and spirits, live and silent auctions, wonderful music, dancing, and camaraderie.
On behalf of the 13 non-profit tenants and those they serve at the Human Services Center, we thank you for your continued support.
Executive Director, Community Conscience